The growing reliance on information systems that operate 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, has spawned a rapidly growing and developing industry that supplies products and services on-demand. The need for these types of information services now reaches into every business office in the world. Unfortunately, events of all kinds including hardware failure, human error, environmental changes, structural failure and external events, can lead to the possibility of unanticipated systems downtime. Modern data centers do not tolerate planned downtime and strive for no outages in a 10-year mission. Data center operations staffs are faced with the dilemma of either downtime as a result of insufficient physical infrastructure, or incurring extensive costs by designing in more redundancies than is necessary. Targeted reliability solutions allow businesses to meet individual requirements of the data center, while minimizing the total cost of ownership. In fact, very high reliability is difficult to attain and redundant hardware is only part of the answer. This course will demonstrate some important performance success factors and overviews best practices for analyzing and optimizing reliability.
* This course has been approved by Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) for one (1) PDH
* This course is recognized for continuing education credit from IFMA for CFM/FMP Maintenance Points.
* This course has been approved by the IL Society for Professional Engineers (ISPE) for one (1) PDH
* Define key terms associated with analyzing reliability risks
* Identify some common cause failures in the data center
* Describe the benefits of conducting a Probabilistic Risk Assessment (PRA)
* Recognize the reliability advantages of utilizing scalable, modular architecture in the data center
The growing reliance on information systems that operate 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, has spawned a rapidly growing and developing industry that supplies products and services on-demand. The need for these types of information services now r...
Analyzing Reliability in the Data Center
My Courses shows a listing of your in-progress and completed training.